I came across this article about getting yourself out for a morning run. My number 1 tip for this is to get a good running buddy.
My friend and I have been meeting up regularly at 5:30am at a nearby park and going for a run together. It's so much easier for me to get up and out the door when I know she'll be there, too! (Plus I don't want to let her down by not showing up.)
My schedule for getting out in the morning goes like this:
- I get organized the night before: lay out the things I'll need like my outfit, running shoes, wallet and keys.
- I try to make sure I'm in bed by 10.
- I set my alarm for 5:00.
- I get up brush my teeth, apply sunscreen (although its not light anymore at 5:30..boo!) and get dressed. Turn the coffee machine on, get coffee and go. Drink water on the way to my run.
- By 5:20 I'm on my way out the door.
- At 5:30, my friend and I are in the park and getting ready to set off.
- At 6:00, we roll out our mats and squeeze in a 20 min stretch, maybe some walking lunges, ab work and some shoulder exercises if we're really on it.
- By 6:3 0, I'm back home, coffee in hand, ready to take a shower and start my day. Done!
Do you have a morning exercise routine? I'd love to hear it.