It's finally Spring! Of course that means a lot of rain, especially this week, but the flowers are blooming, the trees are turning green, and it feels like the city is waking up from our hibernation. Did you see the cherry blossoms in High Park this year?
I found some great events happening this season in and around the community, and I thought I'd share them here for others to enjoy as well:
- Evergreen Brickworks has a free scavenger hunt you can do next time you're there! "Kids and adults will enjoy doing this scavenger hunt together.... [there are] two different versions: one if you've got children aged 3-6 and the other for children aged 7-10."
- Did you know that Lululemon stores offer free yoga classes (I just discovered this!)?
- 50 things to do this spring in Toronto - there are so many great ideas here! It makes me feel excited for Spring and Summer in the City.
- If you like photography, you really have to check out some of the amazing work showcased in the Scotiabank Contact Photo festival.
- Have you been to the Toronto Botanical Garden? It's such a beautiful space, and they always have events going on - I noticed they've started yoga in the garden on Wednesdays!
- I couldn't finish this post without mentioning Size Matters, an exhibition at the McMichael featuring Steve Driscoll's paintings and my talented husband's photography.